Friday, March 7, 2008

First doctor's appointment

Went into the doctor for my first appointment. I was about 9 weeks along. The doctor came in asked a bunch of questions and I got to hear the heart beat. It was really hard to hear. But it was there. That is when it finally sunk in that I was going to be a mother. My mom wanted me to call her so she could hear the heart beat. But the doctor would not allow me to use my cell phone in the room.

A couple days later my mom called me to let me know she bought me a bear at Shopko that plays the mother's heart beat. She thought that was the coolest thing. She played it for me over the phone. She told me it was the last one in the store and she fought to get it. Leave it to my mother to get the last one.

I also had to go and have blood drawn. For someone who hates needles that was the worse. The nurse had me lay on a table so I wouldn't pass out. She was an older lady who should have retired along time ago. The way she drew the blood hurt like heck.

No comments: