Friday, March 7, 2008

Results from blood work

Went in for my next doctor's appointment. They checked everything, heard the heartbeat again. I thought everything was going good. Until the doctor sat down and said we needed to talk about the blood results. My heart was racing at this point not knowing what was going on.

He told me I had a rare anti-body that they have never seen before so they wanted to send me to a High Risk Pregnancy doctor. Now I was really freaking out. He said he couldn't tell me anything more, because he has never seen this before. Told me not to worry about it that everything was fine.

They made the appointment for me right there in the doctor's office. I got in the next week.

So on April 19,2007 we drove into Nashville and went to the Maternal Fetal Group and they did another ultrasound to make sure everything was okay with the baby. Everything looked fine except "froggie" didn't want to turn around so the tech. could see the rest of her. They did notice that the fluid around the baby was a little on the low side. But not to worry just to have a follow up ultrasound in a few weeks.

The doctor talked to us about the blood test results and he said that since the titer was so low not to worry about it. They just wanted to do blood tests every month to make sure the level didn't go up at all.

The anti-body was an anti-n-antibody. Which according to my research causes lupus. So I was a little worried about that. But everything turned out just fine.

No comments: