Friday, March 7, 2008

Happy birthday Alyssa

I got up Monday August 20th in the mid morning, went about my day. Went to the bathroom and I realized my water broke. Not knowing what was going on, I woke up Steve and told him my water broke. I didn't even have my bag packed yet because I thought I had another week. Called my doctor and told him what was going on, he told me to come in. Called my mom and told her my water broke. She was so excited, I think she was on her way home from work. (at this point she was working half days) We finally get to the doctors office and I wait in the waiting room for a while. When they finally call me in they take my blood pressure and weight and told me to pee in a cup. I looked at the nurse and told her she was crazy.
Get into the room and the doctor checks and said that yes my water broke and I am not even dilated to a 1. He said it was time to go to the hospital.
Now I am not in labor at this point. We drive to Nashville get to the hospital, and we have not registered yet. We get there and someone else in registering. So we wait for our turn. When we get up to the counter the nurse asked if we where preregistering and I told her no my water broke, the look on her face was priceless. She told me I should have told her that when we first came in. I told her she was busy.
So we get checked in and into my room. They get me hooked up to IV's and start the poticin.(sp) At this time I was not feeling any contractions. As the day went on the contractions starting coming one right after the other. Now I didn't want anything for the pain, but at this point I needed something. They gave me an epidural, and I slept the rest of the night.
The next morning the doctor came in and said I wasn't progressing like I should and he wanted to do a c-section. I told him I didn't care what he did.
So on August 21,2007at 8:47a.m. Alyssa Marie Smith came into the world. She weighed 6lbs 8 3/4oz. was 18. inches long. Happy Birthday Alyssa

1 comment:

Kath- said...

How exciting to read all this keep it up!!!