Sunday, March 9, 2008

My stay in the hospital


I was in the hospital for 5 days since I had a c-section. I never want to do that again. Nurses coming in all the time to take your temperature and blood pressure. Hospital food is horrible. They started me off on a liquid diet. That wasn't so bad, once I started the solid food that was the worse. I shouldn't really complain it helped with the weight lose.

Since I was in recovering for 2 hours following the c-section I didn't get to hold my daughter right away. Once they had me in my room they brought her in. She was so tiny, it was hard to believe she was finally here. It felt so good to hold her in my arms. It made it feel real. Like it wasn't all a dream I was finally a mother.

It was nice to have all the help in the hospital. If I wanted a nap I just asked the nurse to take her to the nursery. I knew I needed to get as much sleep as I could. Because once I left it was only going to be Me, Steve and Alyssa.

While in the hospital they did tests on Alyssa which they do for every baby. She was a little jaundice when she was born. Her highest level was 13. So in alot of the pictures she looks a little yellow.

No comments: